Well well. Its the time of the year I love to hate! This is the post whew I introspect and also let my readers( Yes I like to know that I have a lot of em) know how much progress I have made with my last year resolutions and also bring out the new list. So here goes!
- Start working out and get super serious about losing weight- Yes Yes Yes I did it! I work out 5 days a week now and have lost
5 4 kg!
- Stick to ethnic wear- churidars, kurtis and sarees(ONLY special occasions)- Yes to this too. have bought more churidars than t shirts and tops!
- catch up and maintain contact with ol friends- Ahem Ahem…ummm yes I have done that too. And made super cool new friends too.Doctor I, M, ANP, SIV to name a few.
- SAVE MONEY- I have! Enough to last me 18 months without a job whichh means I can even go on a holiday and splurge it all or maybe I should wait till I tie the knot:) or maybe not.
- Maintain an accounts book- No I cant do this one! Ill try next year
- and the cliched STICK TO THE RESOLUTIONS- I did, didnt I?!
Now that we have almost gotten over 2012, its time to throw some light on the year that was and also time to make some new resolutions. Clearly, 2012 is not working for me. It shall officially go down in the history books as the year of upheavals.
The beginning was alright. The whole of January was wasted on hoping that 2012 would be a great year. February bought with it a new friend, M. That was the highlight for the month and for many months thereon. March was lost in doing stuff for office- Appraisals, trainings, etc. April went off in a whoosh with a lot of holidays. And then came May with Lil Miss Sunshine’s arrival! June, my cousin got married and that was one event. All of us cousins getting together and having fun and all that. That passed too. July passed away with memories of a bygone life. Gym started sometime in August I think. Dieting started way before that. Deeps arrived at Dehradun to study further. September came with a realisation that sometimes your closest friend could be someone you took for granted all the while you knew him. Yes, Doctor I you became a part of my life in an irreplaceable manner the very same month I was born. I celebrated my 26 with much fuss and fun thanks to Sinsin and DC. Psycho shifted to Cochin in October. Captain got engaged in November and Joey got married to one of the most charming men I have ever met (Pssst….If Big B was around, he would have had one helluva complex. That I am sure of. ). Doctor I put down his paper and decided to move on to greener pastures(No,as much as you’d like to think, I did not drive him nuts to force him to put down his paper). Div announced to the world in December that she is getting married in a month’s time, much to the dismay of Deeps n me! And so is the other M. Well she is getting married in May. And sadly enough the world didnt end on 21st December like it was supposed to. So I spent the last 10 days at my native with family and learnt to drive!!!!!That was 2012 in a nutshell for me.
And to add to it all…
Due to very arbitrary restructuring at my office, my entire office is acting weird starting from the top to way below! Its stemmed from change in ownership from a joint venture to a wholly owned subsidiary: ambiguity and absolute madness!
Secondly, I have a set of people around me who seem to take it as a hobby to nag me about getting married and finding myself a guy!
And as if all that wasn’t enough…
The gang (Captain, Me, Psycho, ManU, Babs, Nandu,Joey) and I have decided to part ways for a while. (You gasped right then, didn’t you?) In the many years that we’ve been together, we’ve decided to split up. For all those who are close to me and us, I’m sorry that this is how you’re finding out but I just CANNOT go into explanations right now. It hurts too much and I’m dealing with it. We had a lot of issues which we just couldn’t ignore any more and all I’m going to say is that we all had our reasons. Although I’m not shutting out the possibility of us getting back together eventually and working things out, for the first time, I’ve acknowledged to myself that maybe we aren’t going to end up together forever(like I thought we would). Yes we will be keeping in touch and all that but we figured that we are all best if left to ourselves.
I’ve lost the man and my best friend. I also had to let go of my date for Tuesday mornings and my driver.The good news is that in spite of all that I have been put through I haven’t lost my sense of humour.
That’s 2012 for me so far.
I repeat… BAH!!!
So now that we have covered the year that was, lets move on!
This year, I hope to be as serious as I was last year with respect to my resolutions. SO here goes
- Learn driving
- Renovate Lotus(my house! So that I get a room that i can call mine. I still have a room but that was passed on to me from my brother and I have to move out to the lounge everytime he comes home!)
- Continue to workout and lose weight( maybe aim @ 60 kg)
- Maintain an accounts book(this one is recycled)
- Find a husband, if am entitled to that is!
- Paint more
- Go abroad! Even Bhutan/Nepal/SL would do. Or Maybe Malaysia Doctor I, you listening ryt!
- Get a new job- a more fun, thankful, challenging job.
- Learn one new language( that should be challenging)
- Be more optimistic and look for reasons to smile more. Ahem I hear that some people loveeee my smile.
- Be more organised
- Spend 10 minutes every single day for myself.
- Have fun!
- To do what I think is right and not what the society(Read : extended family, pesky friends, neighbors,
unwell wishers etc)
Wish me luck and here’s wishing you an absolutely stunning, fantastic, peaceful yet mind blowing new year. May the best of last year be the worst of this year! See you next year!!!!