1. A sure sign that you’ve been taking too many half days or days off from work recently…
Me: (Walking up to my boss at 1pm to inform him that I’d be leaving an hour early at 4:30 pm)I say Ummmm…
Boss: (loudly and waving) Okay, BYE!!!!
2. Irrepressible daddy dearest(Das)….
Me: Why did you buy kids powder the last time?
Das: What? Kids powder?
Me: The Johnsons Baby Powder……for kids.
Das: (Grumpily) Oh they all look the same and I can’t be expected to read the fine print.
Me: Ok, except that it says ‘FOR KIDS’ in large Blue letters on the front.
Das: Are you making fun of me?
3. Chatting on Whats App with a friend who hails from Tamil Nadu but born into a mallu family (mild-mannered Madrasi friend).No D, I am not going to harass you by mentioning your name…
Me: Ok now read my blog, comment and start blogging yourself. I have to go.
Madarasi: Aiyi captain!!
Me: Was that the madrasi version of aye aye? Then it should have been aiyyo or aiiyyaa. Lol.
Madarasi: Oh shut up and just go!! (Not so mild-mannered, eh?)
A long time ago….but it really make for a moment then…thats why I still remember!
4. On the phone – in the middle of a fight with A at 12 am issuing a long string of accusations…
Me: And you don’t even CARE that I am upset!!! (Bursts into tears, for effect).
A: (sleepy, tired, resigned and a little horrified at the waterworks) I am upset that you’re sorry.
5. My niece, Nivedita(Kalyani) is 6 years old and talks like she is 28! She has the most wittiest of one liners and sometimes it really can make you go whoa!?! SO Kalyanism is dedicated to her and her extremely famous dialogues.
I call her kallu and she calls me MM( No I am not telling you what it stands for)
While I was at my aunt’s house in a cozy n cool part of God’s Own Country last month.
Scene : Kalyani doing my hair.
K : I will comb slowly ok ? Please lemme comb … ok ?
Me: Wokie Kallu…!
K : Thank you!! I won’t pull ur hair too much ok ?? Otherwise ur brain will start paining…!!
A few seconds later…
K: MM, Do you have brains?
To this day, I am trying to figure out if she really meant that question or if it was one of her really innocent thoughts?!
6. My friend, another M n me decide to leave work half an hour early so that we can go to a mall and shop. We get out after making a huge hue and cry and get stuck in a jam that stretched for nearly 2 km for over an hour and a half. So when the rest of our office folks reached their homes, we were stuck in traffic!
7. The lil girl who keeps staring at me in awe everytime I meet her. Its like she thinks I am very beautiful. What does that make me?! Miss Universe! Coz at that exact time when she is staring at me, I am the centre of her universe!
8. Gij and I in Bangalore on one of our impulses where we walked about 6 kilometres and ate samosas and chaats like there was no tomorrrow.
9. Bike ride on a moonlit night.
10. Watching Das eat pizza like a 4 year old!
11. Catching that favourite movie just when you thought you had to hit the sack coz there was nothing to watch on tv.
12. Laughing till tears come out.( Oh this happens mostly on fridays when the other M and I are having our weekly tete-a-tete!!
13. Watching the rain and reading a book or watching the rain and just thinking.
I really think that its in moments such as these and a few more that I have lived. Lived to the fullest. It is in these momemts that I have seen life come alive. These are moments that have taken my breath away and can still make me smile when I think of them. Some of them that I have shared these moments with have gone a long way leaving me behind but I miss them . I do.
But life is in these moments. Was atleast….