I am going to not like this post because this would just prove how I dont stick to resolutions! So Ill just start with striking off the things I do and then no explain why I dint follow
some most of the resolutions! The resolutions for 2013 were…..
- Learn driving
Renovate Lotus(my house! So that I get a room that i can call mine. I still have a room but that was passed on to me from my brother and I have to move out to the lounge everytime he comes home!) Continue to workout and lose weight( maybe aim @ 60 kg)I didnt reach 60 but at one time I touched 66!!!
- Maintain an accounts book(this one is recycled)
Find a husband, if am entitled to that is! Paint more Go abroad! Even Bhutan/Nepal/SL would do. Or Maybe Malaysia 🙂 Doctor I, you listening ryt!
- Get a new job- a more fun, thankful, challenging job.
- Learn one new language( that should be challenging)
- Be more optimistic and look for reasons to smile more. Ahem I hear that some people loveeee my smile.
- Be more organised
- Spend 10 minutes every single day for myself.
- Have fun!
To do what I think is right and not what the society(Read : extended family, pesky friends, neighbors, unwell wishers etc)
So Yes thats last year’s resolutions! In short, I renovated (My das I mean) Lotus and I got a room for myself and I got married and I moved to a foreign country! Ok, Dufai is not foreign for Mallus , nevertheless I did travel abroad,, ryt! Summing up the entire year: The company I worked for gave me some credit and importance in January when I did a corporate/brand makeover for them, I met my now husband for the first time in February and we got engaged in March. I earned a bonus from my company which I spent in Dubai, when I went to meet my husband(at that time, fiance). I resigned in June and sat at home with some freelancing and things for three months. Got married in August and celebrated my 27th Bday with Ro in September, here in Dubai. Started Job hunting in September and got a job in December 🙂
We humans gotta learn from
experience mistakes. I sure do! So this year I am not going to make any resolution and am just going to make a wishlist :). Its a lot less complicated. There’s no pressure to perform before this year ends and because its a “wish”list, it’ll be something that I am wishing for, that shouldnt be hard no?! So…
TADA!!!!!! Here’s The Mad Wishlist for 2014
- Drive my husband around town 🙂
- Take a vacation! Just us!
- Surprise Ro and see him give me that smile from the heart.
- Save Money and Invest intelligently
- Wake up everyday and not be sulky of having to go to work
- Attend Mons and Su’s and Deeps wedding!!!!
- Make the lives of those that I matter to, a little more brighter!
- Learn to bake 🙂
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle( AM not too sure what I mean here)
- Read much more books than last year.
- One Good Deed A Day
And thats it folks! I am done for the year. I cant take a break and all that because I am at work and people in this part of the world arent much into celebrating New Year the way I am used to. So before I let you go, three more things.
1. I hope you have a really amazing year. I hope you are at peace throughtout the year. You dont have to be happy all theough the year but I sure hope god gives you the strength the fight the sad time. Love, peace and joy are my wishes to you this year. Happy 2014 🙂
2. Nothing is ever going to be complete till you make sure that you are truly blessed from the heaven above. I for one need a little tug and a push here n there. Sooooo
Dear Lord, please give me… A few friends who understand me and remain my friends; A work which has real value and which would help me contribute something to the world I live in; A mind unafraid to travel through the journey of life , An understanding heart; A sense of humor; Time for saying thank you;A feeling of your presence and the patience to wait for the coming of these things, With the wisdom to recognize them when they come. Happy New Year to you too 🙂Amen.
3. Thank you dear god for all the things you gave me and helped me with. Thank you for showing me the man who makes my life beautiful every single day.. Thank you for giving Das the strength! Thank you for keeping my friends happy an at peace. Thank you for blessing Sin, Div and Joey 🙂 Thank you for letting me catch up with speed. Thank you for making me realise that every setback in life is reason enough to believe that something good is on its way. And above all thank you for letting my 2013 be a year I’d love to go back to.