It’s you I like,
It’s not the things you wear.
It’s not the way you do your hair,
But it’s you I like.
The way you are right now
The way down deep inside you
Not the things that hide you
Not your diplomas…
They’re just beside you.
But it’s you I like,
Every part of you,
Your skin, your eyes, your feelings,
Whether old or new.
I hope that you’ll remember
Even when you’re feeling blue,
That it’s you I like,
It’s you yourself, it’s you
It’s you I like!
Watching the rain can give you a million things to ponder about. If you have ever paid attention to people, you’d realise that while pretty flowers are instantly plucked, few people pay attention to plants with thorns and prickles. The more intelligent ones would tell you that great medicines often comes from these less pretty flowers.
Isn’t it the same with love? How can love be worthy off its name if one only selects the good part and leaves out the hardships. It is easy to enjoy the good and dislike the bad. Thats human nature. Anybody can do that. The real challenge is to love the good and the bad together, not because you have to take the rough with the smooth but because you need to go beyond such descriptions and accept love in its entirety.
When you love, embrace everything the other person has to offer. The good, the bad, the good days, the bad days, the pretty face, the bad hair days, the expressions of hapiness, the mood swings, the passion, the anger, the love and the hate. For it is only when you accept the nasty part can you truly enjoy the good part that he or she is 🙂
Until next time….love a lil more.
Ever realized how many emotions there are within you waiting to explode? Ever wondered why sometimes you choose to feel protected under that facade of “I DON’T CARE” when you actually care so much that it hurts? Ever wondered why sometimes you fail so badly at the only thing you thought you would be good at that it haunts you every waking moment.. and sometimes even after you sleep? Ever wondered why you decide to stay surrounded by people you don’t even like much just to keep your own loneliness at bay? Ever wondered why socialising don’t make you happy anymore? Ever wondered why you have such few people you can call as FRIENDS? Ever wondered why someone you held so dear hurt you so badly? Ever wondered why you sometimes hold on to the past for so long that the present just glides by and you don’t even notice? Ever wondered why you feel so lonely even with 20 people around you? Ever wondered why…
Happiness is addictive. Or so I like to believe. I think its also contagious. Like if people around you are happy, then maybe you become happy too. So right now I am happy and am on the road to becoming happiest pretty soon. I am happy and most of the people around me are also happy. Ok I am using the word happy one too many times. I gotta tell you things that are nice to hear and probably the reasons why I am so elated..
…..Mangu(The other M) is getting married in ten days and am super excited for her. Them.
…..Div is carrying and is due in November.
……Captain n Anju are also tying the knot soon. Babs and nandu are getting engaged in September. And so is another friend, Manu.
……All of us together will be starting our wedding shopping soon, hopefully.
……Das is happy because I am smiling all the time and singing and dancing all over the house.
……I am excited coz my own room might just be turing into a reality pretty soon.
……I’ll finally be meeting Deeps after a gap of 6 years!
……Joeeey is back in town and suddenly there seems to be a lot of things to do here!
……I have officially resigned and am looking forward to enjoying the Monsoon with loads of cups of hot piping tea. Finally.
……I start wedding shopping soon. Shopping! Such bliss and contentment.
……Old friends. New Friends. Reunions and more.
……A friend i thought I might never see for a long time is coming for M’s wedding. Or so I hear.
……I have begun to work out again and am feeling good about it.
……And then last but not least, except Whats App everything else that makes me happy is free! Hugs, inside jokes, friends, kisses, long walks, sleep, laughter, family and good memories.
P.S- I am addicted to happiness! Please touch wood.
When I see you. The world, it stops. And all that exists for me is you and my eyes staring at you.There’s nothing else. No noise, no people, no worries, no thoughts, no yesterdays and no tomorrows. The world just stops and there’s just you. Its beautiful. When you go, the world starts again and I dont like it much. I can live in it but dont like it. I just walk around in it, waiting for you to stop my world again. I love it when it stops. Its the most beautiful feeling in the world. Its the best thing to sense and see. That’s why I stare at you…….
And as I write this, i sing,
I am sure most of you thought I was gonna write about some other type of satisfaction. Sorry to disappoint!I am getting married. Oh not so soon maybe but yes, in another 4 months I AM getting married. So everyday my friends n I keep talkin about everything converning marriage and we seem to come to this consensus concerning the relationship men and women have! Women and men are as different as chalk and cheese. Men always find it difficult to understand women. Or so they proclaim.But believe us, we are not that difficult to understand. Just try to keep the communication channel open and see how things fall into their place. Here’s a guide of some of the things women wish men automatically understood and remember it’s neither rocket science nor micro-biology.
And the Ten Commandments are:
1. We know men are low in EQ (Emotional Quotient) but make an effort to understand emotions. But remember we don’t like men who can’t control their emotions. Cry babies (oops men) are not what we are exactly looking at in life! We’ll do the crying, you solve the problem!
2. When we talk, pay attention to what we are saying. Don’t just nod your head and continue watching the cricket match on television. Listen dont just hear! Most times, we are trying to catch your attention!
3. Your mother might be great in the kitchen and can whip up gourmet dishes in no time. But sorry we can’t go on listening to your running commentary on her remarkable culinary skills. Appreciate us, once in awhile. Tell us where you want us to improve.
4. We believe in the power of communication. So, talk, fight but don’t just go into ‘silent’ mode. Leave that mode to your mobile phones and us;)
5 All of us completely love a dash of chivalry in our partners. So be courteous and show us that you are well brought-up.
6 Don’t brag. Showing off really acts against you. Be subtle about your fat pay packet, your swanky car and the like. That shows your class.
7. Don’t think that you own us. So, behave accordingly. Like men folk, we also like our own space.
8. Romance comes naturally to us just as sex is natural to you. We love it when a man expresses his love. So, please show us that you love. Say it through flowers, dinners, gifts and of course count surprises as an important element of our DNA. Understand these basic points and act accordingly
9. Don’t try to give us lessons on moral science. And for heaven’s sake don’t comment on a low-neckline dress that we wear and comment on how sexy the other woman in a similar dress looks!That’s a very cheap thing to do. However, if a dress doesnt compliment our body, SAY IT!!!!!!
10. Don’t crack jokes on our family members, close friends. Show your great sense of humour with a touch of sensibility.